Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Back in Oz (Australia) once more


Those of you reading this blog may think that my life revolves around extended international trapsing, and you wouldn't be too far off the mark thinking so. I get around two months off per year, once in summer, and once again in winter, and I certainly make the most of it. This is one of the best perks about working at a uni job here in South Korea.

Right now I'm back in Australia staying with my mother in the gold-mining town of Stawell in Victoria. It recently made world news because of the bushfires that have burned out half the Grampians National Park in the background. Add to that, the ominous signs the local mine is running out of gold and laying off workers, and a prolonged drought due to global warming/climate change, and you can get some idea of the local mood in town. Bring on the rain! Quickly now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home